Yes it’s that time of year once again.
Here we are now into our fourth year.
How do you get to be one of “the most influential” people in commercial real estate?
What are or should be the criteria?
Simple… hard ass work!
Here they are in order!
1. Barbi Reuter: PICOR/ Cushman & Wakefield Tucson. Brokerage and Property Management. Let’s start out with the fact that she claims having her nose broken three times in bar fights as an accomplishment in her profile. Ok guys let’s admit that you have to marry a gal who has that on her resume! Seriously, Barbi has been slowly but surely gaining trust credibility connections and flat-out style the right way online. Pay attention to the conversations the positive feedback and the critical opinions about commercial real estate. Also she sent me a picture of her son in an Air Force shirt. Gets me every time. Must be the dry desert heat.
Connect with Barbi:
2.Dave Lewand: Chicago.CRE property marketer creGROW founder and WordPress god (with a little g.) His LinkedIn profile should be a template for all of us. Knows the meaning of shoe leather from back in the day and is quietly taking over the world one CRE website at a time. Connecting, sharing, meeting face to face and showing us all how to get online and create a positive force for the commercial real estate community. His wife can play the post like a boss.
Connect with Dave:
3. Coy Davidson: Houston Texas. The Tenant Advisor at Colliers. Find me someone more influential online in CRE. I dare you! Killer content,stats, interaction, opinions, news aggregation, sharing, multi-platform, brand building. Oh and he even has a blog just for CRE and Social media. The man is a machine. Watch Listen an Learn! Someone told me he dead lifts Hummers.
Connect with Coy:
4. Michael Bull: Bull Realty Atlanta. 25 plus years in the business as a broker/owner. Creator and Host of The Commercial Real Estate Show. Creating the best content out there. It is a lot harder than it looks. News,information,opinions,connections conversations and all with a professional attitude. He even built a studio at his office. Word is he’s fast on top of the water. Is that a good thing?
Connect with Michael:
5. Sarah Malcom: International Council Shopping Centers (ICSC) New York. Building the ICSC online brand into a digital juggernaut. Video twitter PR social media pavilions events and now their own social network within the global ICSC website. If it seems like she is doing the work of two people maybe she is….she has a twin! The world has been forewarned.
Connect with Sarah:
6. Allen Buchanan: Lee & Associates Orange County California. Reality commercial real estate in the OC. Allen is a brokers broker. On the street and doing deals in one of the most competitive markets in the world for (cough) years. He uses his online tools to focus on….wait for it….. his clients and customers. Yeah, it’s that simple and easy. A true definition of a networker and networked. Not so sure about the bow tie.
Connect with Allen:
7. Beth Ann Grib: Chester County Pennsylvania. Marketing and Operations for the Commercial Division of Beiler-Campbell Realtors at Beiler-Campbell Realtors & Appraisers. If it is possible she has quietly built a community with kindness, listening and sharing. Willing to step away from the online deluge of information to pay attention to the business of commercial real estate. Classic example of the two ears one mouth strategy with quality content each and every time. Shhhhh listen. Am I her secret admirer?
Connect with Beth Ann:
8. Linda Day Harrison/ The Broker List Chicago IL. Connecting brokers to brokers. Connecting brokers to everyone in commercial real estate. Tearing up Twitter and grouping LinkedIn like no one else. ARE YOU ON THE LIST? I do remember “hanging out” with Linda. I think I liked it!
Connect with Linda:
9. John Orr CCIM Colliers International Charleston SC Retail specialists in the low country. Speaking presenting panels mentoring connecting teaching brand building. Starting quietly and building with consistency and quality content. How many people do you know that play the banjo…..and admit it. Must be the Y’all.
Connect with John:
10. Mark Toro: Managing Partner at North American Properties Atlanta. You must follow his Twitter feed. It Is How To Do It Period. Watch the localized retail project focus and copy very word. Atlantic Station is the best example of digital online retail project promotion I have ever seen. I don’t care what kind of project you have pay attention to Mark and his team and learn from THE Best!
Connect with Mark:
There it is.
The Top 10 Most Influential Online Commercial Real Estate People. 2013.
This is the list.
Disagree? Don’t care! It’s my list.
Have a top 10 of your own …post it up!
Thoughts and comments always appreciated.