Dear PropTech Community,
Welcome to the sixth edition of MetaProp’s Global PropTech Confidence Index.
Geopolitical and economic volatility have dominated international headlines over the last few months. Unsurprisingly, this uncertainty may be impacting the broader real estate technology investment ecosystem. The good news is that PropTech startup confidence held relatively steady at 7.0 since our last survey. However, readers will notice slightly diminished PropTech investor confidence (now at 7.7, down from an all-time high of 8.7 six months ago).
Interestingly, MetaProp’s early-stage venture capital team executed an unprecedented volume of new investments and evaluated more new investment opportunities than ever during the second half of 2018. From our vantage point, the PropTech market remains extremely healthy and the best innovators continue to create intriguing investment opportunities. This sentiment seems in line with our professional investor peers. The survey shows that 60% of PropTech investors plan to make more investments in 2019 compared to 2018, an all-time high and up from 46% six months ago.
Time will tell! In the meantime, please enjoy this edition of the Global PropTech Confidence Index.
Thanks to our Global PropTech Confidence Index partners, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), who have aided us in producing this unique survey. The survey provides the global community with the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the PropTech startup ecosystem.
MetaProp looks forward to producing further analysis and insights into the global PropTech community’s innovations and successes in 2019 and beyond!
MetaProp publishes the Global PropTech Confidence Index twice a year to provide the global community with the most up-to-date insights from startup CEOs and capital investors regarding the PropTech innovation ecosystem.
MetaProp Advisors’ Global PropTech Research also provides fundamental insights and analysis for clients and the PropTech community worldwide. Covering the real estate value chain in regions around the world, our research reports help investors, startup entrepreneurs and traditional real estate company executives better understand the issues and trends that affect their PropTech investments, markets and businesses.
Global PropTech Confidence Index Highlights:
- 60% of PropTech Investors plan on making more investments in 2019 compared to 2018, an all-time high and up from 46% six months ago.
- 46% of CEOs said it is either likely or very likely that their company will be acquired, go public or have a major liquidity event compared to 28% in Mid-Year 2018.
- 32% of Startup CEOs forecast five times growth in 2019, up from 24% in Year-End 2017.
- The average number of PropTech investments increased to 5.0 in Year-End 2018, up from 2.7 in Year-End 2017.
- 27% of Startup CEOs expect it to be harder to raise venture capital in 2019, up from 17% in Mid-Year 2018 but still down significantly from 55% a year ago.
- 90% of Investors expect to see the same amount or more pitches from startups in 2019, compared to 2018.
+1. Great read and as always Metaprop absolutely killing it with quality content.