Social Media defined: “Social Media is, at its most basic sense, a shift in how people discover, read, and share news and information and content. It’s a fusion of sociology and technology, tranforming monologue (one to many) into dialog (many to many.)” Brian Solis
Why have a social media strategy for commercial real estate? Why is it necessary to even think that social media or digital media has any value at all for the commercial real estate business? Do you think that Sam Zell or David Simon pay any attention to social media at all? Maybe they don’t. I would venture to guess that they probably do. What are some of the basic questions that YOU need to ask? Maybe you already have some answers. Let’s take a look.
Social Media Strategies:
- What factors should you consider when creating and implementing your company’s social media strategy?
- What resources will you reference when researching your social media strategy?
- How will you find the resources and what criteria will you use?
- What social media platforms and practices do you think will produce a significant ROI for you or your company? What are some examples?
- Is ROI a huge factor for you and if so what will do you measure it?
- Will you use an in-house team or will you hire a consultant or agency to handle your social media marketing? Why?
The Future of Social Media:
- How could location-based platforms like Foursquare and Facebook Places impact the commercial real estate industry?
- What type of mobile strategies will you look to implement if any?
- How would you define hyper -local and how will it effect commercial real estate?
- What role does video play in your social media strategy? How might this evolve over the next year?
- What advances in social media would be most beneficial to commercial real estate as an industry in general?
Lots and lots of questions. Many things to ponder. Is there a shift towards social medial or digital media in general for commercial real estate? If you would please take the time to answer any or all of these questions in the comments section. The feed back and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Photo Credit Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ortizmj12/